We have all experienced it.
We all dread it.
We can’t escape its uncertainty, nor can we live without its power.
Too many of us act like it doesn’t bother us, but it does.
Too many times we use it to justify “hating” or “ignoring” or “being angry” with God, but we can’t do that.
I’m talking about prayer. More specifically, prayers that go unanswered (in both our time-table and God’s time-table). My question isn’t so much why does it happen – because I don’t think we can ever fully understand that particular answer – rather my question is this, what do we do when it does happen? (Because it will.)
- How do we handle it?
- Where do we turn?
- Why do we go there?
- Does running away or hiding add to the pain or help it?
- What do you do when unanswered prayers keep besieging you?
- What part does faith play in this journey?
- Do we give up too soon?
- Do we fight against the wrong “Person/person”?
- What role does doubt play in our spirituality – is it a sign of no faith, no salvation, weakness, or does it move us closer to God?
- What are some scriptures that have helped you in difficult times like this?
I am in the middle of this question right now … maybe you are too … if so, let’s talk about it. No “Church answers” allowed … just from-the-heart-honesty.