In Chapter 3, Francis Chan talks about the Theology of the Holy Spirit.
He poses some great points, from both sides of the “Spirit” debate. He challenges us to not base our conclusions about the Spirit on assumptions or opinions but to base our theology of the Spirit on Scripture.
Below are some Scripture that highlights the Truth of who the Spirit is and what He does within / for / through us.
- The Spirit helps us speak :: Mark 13:11, Luke 12:12
- He is our Counselor, Teacher, Comforter, Adviser, Encourager, and Strength :: Psalm 143:10, Acts 9:31, 13:2, 15:28, 1 Corinthians 2:9-10, 1 John 5:6-8 … John 14-16
- The Spirit gives us power, helps us witness, and draws all of mankind to Christ :: Acts 1:8, Romans 8:26, Ephesians 3:16-19
- The Spirit brings us through sanctification; His power helps us to live pure lives :: Romans 6-8, Colossians 3
- In / By the Spirit, we are adopted as God’s sons and daughters :: Romans 8:15-16, 1 John 3:1-3
- The Spirit brings conviction :: John 16:7-11, 1 Thessalonians 1:5
- The Spirit brings us freedom :: Romans 8:10-11, 2 Corinthians 3:17
- The Spirit brings us hope, allows us to use our abilities for God’s glory, and helps us produce lasting Fruit :: Romans 15:13, 1 Corinthians 12:7, 2 Corinthians 3:18, Galatians 5:22-23